“Do you have any questions for me?” This is a common question that will usually be presented to you at the end of interviews. However, this question isn’t being ask for no purpose. It is to determine your level of engagement and interest in the role as well as whether have you done enough research.
Why ask questions?
- It will benefit you as you can get insights and information regarding the organization that you might not be able to find anywhere else.
- The insights and information you gain can also help you determine whether this role is for you or not.
- The interviewer will know that you are sufficiently interested in the role and hence increasing your chances of getting the job.
What kind of questions you can ask?
1. Questions about the role
- What will be the most important qualities that you are looking for this role?
- What are the challenges of this role?
- How do you measure success in this role?
- Who will I be working closely with?
- What does a typical day of work look like?
These questions can help you to understand the role better and gain information beyond what’s written on the job description.
2. Questions about the organization
- How is the culture like?
- What makes working here different from other places?
- How is (company value/ mission/ vision) demonstrated here?
These questions can enable you to see whether this organization is the right fit to your personal values and preferences. There’s no point if the role is a fit but the organization isn’t. At the end of the day, your career should be long-term and therefore getting to know more about the organization will also be essential.
3. Questions about your personal and professional development
- How will my career progression be like?
- Are there training program available for employees?
- Where have successful employees in my role advanced to?
You will not want to be in the same role forever. Hence, it is important for you to know how you can advance further in your career in this role and organization. Also, whether the organization have put in place trainings for you to get there. This can be one important factor that you might want to take note when you are deciding on taking the role or not.
4. Questions on next steps
- What will be the next steps in the interview process?
- Is there anything else I can provide you with that will be helpful?
By knowing the next steps can help to reduce your uncertainties of the interview process by knowing what’s next and when you can potentially know the result of your application.
This is just a rough guide, if you have any burning questions or questions that you care most about, feel free to ask as well!
Kingfisher Recruitment Group is a global provider of total recruitment solutions. We help clients design people strategies, attract and develop talents worldwide across Healthcare & Life Sciences, Professional Services, Technology, Retail & Consumer, Manufacturing, Automotive, Property & Construction and Engineering industries.